Health and Social Care (H&SC)
What is Health and Social Care?
This is a practical based course which combines the study of health promotion, sociology, child development, communication, law and ethics. All students will gain practical experience of working with children. This subject is offered at GCSE and A level for a single qualification but also offered at double award which is equivalent to 2 GCSEs or 2 A levels.
Why Study Health and Social Care?
There are many reasons:
- It is interesting, challenging and reflects the issues of today’s society.
- It is two thirds coursework based and internally assessed.
- You are rewarded for your work throughout the year.
- You are interested in a career in the care sector.
- You are looking for that final subject choice to get a good grade.
Results and Careers in Health and Social Care?
In 2013, 93% of the A level class achieved either an A or a B grade. Many of the girls went on to study university courses linked to the care sector, for example Nursing, Teaching, Radiotherapy, Social work, Childhood studies and Psychology degree.