Home Economics is an interesting and creative subject which will provide you with a range of skills and knowledge of topics related to healthy eating, home and family life and independent living.
In class you will be able to prepare and cook different food items. You will enjoy working with other pupils and will be able to take home the finished dish for your family to sample. A booklet is provided so you can plan menus and practice the recipes in your own free time.
- Preparation and cooking of food.
- How to use time, energy and money wisely.
- Understand what is in food and how your body uses food.
- Choice of foods in relation to healthy eating.
- The needs of family members.
- Consumer and ethical issues.