Moving Image Arts
This is a hands-on course which teaches the technical skills necessary to produce motion pictures as well as animated sequences.
During the course pupils will learn to:
- develop an understanding of film language in both theory and practice
- develop ideas through investigating and experimenting with filmmaking techniques and processes
- develop the ability to manage resources and equipment in relation to film production
- produce moving image artworks
- develop technical competence in the use of filmmaking techniques
- evaluate the effectiveness of their own practice.
Every opportunity is taken to involve the pupils in the world of Moving Image Arts by arranging visits to studios and production facilities.