We are running a series of Regional Development Centres across the province during the school holidays. These sessions are open to all players and beginners at both U15 and U18 level (born between 1/7/97 and 30/6/03).
Sessions will last two hours and be comprised of small-sided games, various core-skills and shape in attack and defence. There will be an optional, additional hour at the end of these sessions for those that wish to stay. During this hour, girls will be introduced to plyometric exercises to help develop explosive power, core stability and basic fundamental movement patterns such as squat, lunge, hinge, push and pull. You will then be provided with a programme you can follow, in your own time, without the need for equipment, to improve sport-specific strength.
The Regional Development Centres will also be used as a platform to enable coaches to identify talented U18 players or U18 players of potential who may be invited to train as part of the Ulster U18 Development Squad (15-a-side). The Development Squad will have a specific schedule of training throughout July, August and September before playing Munster, Connacht and Leinster in late-September/early-October.
To facilitate coach allocation, attendance at these sessions will be by registration only by emailing Neal.Johnston@Ulsterrugby.com with the following information:
· Venue(s) you wish to attend
· Level of experience i.e. beginner/player
· Club (if applicable)
· Position (if applicable)
· Parent/guardian name and contact details.
The calendar of Regional Development Centres is shown below:
· Saturday 27th June, Monaghan RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Thursday 2nd July, Ballynahinch RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Friday 3rd July, Limavady RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Saturday 18th July, Clogher Valley RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Friday 31st July, Carrickfergus RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Thursday 6th August, Ballymoney RFC, 3pm-5pm (6pm with fitness education)
· Wednesday 12th August, Dungannon RFC, 7pm-9pm (no fitness education)
· Friday 21st August, Randalstown RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
· Tuesday 25th August, Finn Valley RFC, 11am-1pm (2pm with fitness education)
For further information on the above please do not hesitate to contact Neal on 07767 115 764.